HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, April 16, 2018

We need a repairman, stat!

I guess I'm immune to it, but a friend sent me these pictures and he asks, "How is it possible for luxury condos and boutique hotels to get built before repairs are made to our Peacock Park boardwalk and the sidewalk in front of CocoWalk?

That's a good question, I guess we are so used to it that we don't notice. This is the boardwalk at Peacock Park. It's been like this since Hurricane Irma. I know a couple of carpenters who can get it fixed in less than a week.

I also hear a lot of rumblings from the folks at the Marina, who say that the city did not have enough hurricane insurance and that project is also at a standstill.

These buildings are going up at record speed.

And this Mr. C's hotel is going up faster than those buildings. But the boardwalk and the sidewalk are at a standstill.
We sort of play a little game when in the area of CocoWalk and try to guess who is going to trip. I have videoed people walking by and I do catch people tripping, I once caught a skateboarder coming up around the bend and he didn't realize the sidewalk just ends like that he went flying. He was embarrassed so I won't post the video.

I don't think we would see this happen in Coral Gables or South Miami, or Doral or Brickell, or anywhere else, for that matter.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.